Sign in to follow this  
Blair

Door/quarter side trim

Hi all,

My Corrado goes in for some paintwork (both doors & rear quarters, plus cleaning up a few bumper scuffs and repair a spot of rust on the visible part of the front panel just above the bumper).

I want to make sure a proper job is done - and as such, I want the side trim removed before spraying, then refitted.

How is this trim held on - is it adhesive, or does it clip on?

If it's adhesive, to be honest I'd be tempted to leave them off :) But whatever happens, I want the doors bare before they are sprayed.

How do I remove the trim? Just yank it off?

Many thanks!

Side trims are glued on (high strength double sided tape). They can be removed more easily by heating them gently with a heat gun. Only trouble is the door mouldings are too long to take off easily and will almost certainly distort and so look wavy when put back on. The front wing and rear quarter ones are much easier to take off cleanly.

So either risk taking the door ones off and ruining them, or leave them on and mask round, or take them off and leave them off.

Obsolete part now I'm told so no cahnce of getting some new ones :roll:

Hmmmm. Thanks for the info guys - I'm not keen on them being masked off at all, so I guess I'll just have to try and remove them REALLY carefully myself... :)

If I bugger it up...well, I've always liked the clean look...;)