robbier32

VW Corrado VR6 - No Longer Available

VW Corrado VR6

Its with a heavy heart that I write this, But needs must and unfortunately I can no longer warrant running a work van, Car for the missus and my Corrado VR6.

General

This is the second Corrado VR6 I have owned and it has been an absolute dream. People complain that they are un reliable but aside from having to replace the heater Matrix last year it has started on the button every time. I have owned her for 2 years and am the 5th owner. I personally know the last 2 owners so it has been kept between friends for the past 8 years. The car started out life as an automatic but was converted to manual back in August 2007 by TVR in Newton Abbot. Also originally the car was Midnight blue but was re sprayed pre 2006 by a previous owner. The respray is good but the engine bay and underside of the bonnet remains in Midnight blue. All electrics work as they should.

Mileage is at 135k and the mot is till August 2015

The service book I have with the vehicle is up to date. If you would like dates and mileages please ask.

Exterior and bodywork

Overall o.k. The paint polishes up a treat but there are a few car park dinks, scratches and dents but nothing major

During the respray the exterior door strips were removed and the boot lid had the wiper and washer removed.

Colour coded front grill, rear number plate surround and door handles

Metal pressed plates courtesy of Dubmeister 100% legal

Lupo GTi wiper conversion so the wipers actually stay on the screen over 50mph!!

Engine

Standard aside from BMC CDA induction and Magnex stainless cat back exhaust system. Sounds awesome, runs sweet and pulls like it should.

Recent Bosch battery

Brakes

Fronts are Porsche 4 pots from a Cayenne with 323mm Leon Cupra R discs.

Rears are mk 4 Golf calipers and discs.

Some of the brake pipes have been changed at some point and there are Goodrich braided brake hoses all round.

Wheels

17? Polished Audi TT comps with VW centre caps

Rear tyres are 205/40/17 Continental Sports with 5-6mm tread

Fronts are 205/40/17 Nexen N6000 that have done 400 miles

Suspension

Not entirely sure as there are no markings on the rear struts but they are Yellow with black springs. Front struts have VW markings on them so I assume they are original but fitted with lowering springs.

Sits lovely on the road and handles very well

Interior

Immaculate black storm leather seats and door cards.

Momo champion steering wheel

Blue LED dash lights

Chrome clock surrounds

Passat centre mini sun visor

Security and Ice

Clifford Arrow 3 total closure alarm and immobiliser fitted in 2001 with certificate to prove.

Jvc head unit with 12 cd changer in the boot. Custom fit rear 6x9s in the boot. Uprated frot speakers in the door pods.

Bad Points

One of the motion sensors for the alarm has broken off.

Needs new front strut top mounts. It was an advisory on the last MOT and causes a clunk when you turn to approx. ? steering lock.

Body work could do with a bit of tlc. Some paint peel on the drivers door handle and various age related marks

The wheels could do with a good machine polish as I hand polished them in the spring but its not the same.

The ABS light sometimes stays on and a recent VAGcom scan revealed it was the pump at fault. I have a Second hand pump that will come with the car

I am sure there is some bits I have missed out. If you are genuinely interested in buying this Corrado you will not be disappointed it handles well and never fails to put a smile on my face. I will be very sad to see it go.

If you would like a test drive please bring proof of insurance, otherwise I would be happy to take you for a spin!

Please call me if you have any questions on 07813894628 I am in Paignton TQ3 and looking for ?3500

List Date: 11/9/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: VW Corrado VR6

--------------------------------------

This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

KE7bFdmrNz1K.jpg

wCaZehhpGmFT.jpg

m8h64BfndA10.jpg

sEw4ErtwVyEn.jpg

yTpeMw6QJWjN.jpg

5qxyYtsWt67q.jpg

SnWJ77hRdU14.jpg

uKNJrFd80yMg.jpg

BPkppGmDWMht.jpg

QwPXvNRxyTxY.jpg

HPFjrbrN6jJe.jpg

neQ8JmZjp8NQ.jpg

qFJwCd7U7ZcM.jpg

BPzhcXjxs4zt.jpg

kgA1CA3xkA5a.jpg

RhJQ7N376ejH.jpg

QEqM0rP4ETvz.jpg

hVNwuGJbNNZu.jpg

ndtKF80MCwtW.jpg

Mobile friendly version: VW Corrado VR6

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by robbier32