Sign in to follow this  
kieron

Bodywork repair/re-spray costs

Hi all,

I've a dillema. I've the VR6 and a rough G60 and I love them both! But one or both have to go as I need a new car and I don't have the space to store 4 cars.

I am considering selling the VR6 :cry: and keeping the G60 to sort out but I'm wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew with the G60.

Photos of it are here http://tinyurl.com/33csd it was just going to be a rat track car and H&R coilovers have been sat around waiting to go on for over 2 years! :lol: Now though I fancy sorting it out. I know costs of interiors and what I think needs doing to the engine.

But any ideas what costs I'd be looking at to get the body work sorted and a re-spray? BTW, the photo were taken after it had been "recovered".... :oops:

I could take it to a body shop obviously for a quote but without an MOT or tax its another complication!

hello mate how r u

long time no see or hear :D

anyway respray a massive headache ive just got mine re-done by a guy in bournemouth and spent a week there helping him with it.

I paid £2100 for mine but you would be looking at £1000-£1500 for a full proper respray so i.e windows out and doors off

Hi all,

I've a dillema. I've the VR6 and a rough G60 and I love them both! But one or both have to go as I need a new car and I don't have the space to store 4 cars.

I am considering selling the VR6 :cry: and keeping the G60 to sort out but I'm wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew with the G60.

After seeing the specs and pics of your vr in the members gallery I reckon youd be mad to sell it. Your highly unlikely to get what its worth wheras I imagine you got that g60 pretty cheap so you wont really loose anything on it.

hello mate how r u

long time no see or hear :D

I'm well ta! Sorry for the delay been away in Paris last week.

Hmm that price is, shall we say, a commitment. G60 maybe on its way then.

cool still travilng :)

havent been on a business trip in a while :( think might have to get myself on one and see if i can try and drink my customers under the table lol :roll: :-P :mrgreen: :D

did you ever get started on the g60?? or is it just been sitting about??

No never got started. It is in exactly the same as when picked up though I gave it a quick clean inside and out but otherwise nothing.

Needs the bottom end shells replacing which I believe is around a 3-4 hour job but otherwise it still pulls well. When I picked it up and Andy drove back my VR6 I was suprised how well I was able to keep up. He left me for dead at some stages but none the less it still feels good. The gear level has gotten stiff through standing but otherwise not too bad considering it is a shed! :lol:

It needs a lot of love but idea for someone thinking of Audi door handles, Transporter vents and a respray due to the dents! :mrgreen:

The H&R coilovers, Samcos and in-pros are sat at home patiently waiting....

It needs a lot of love but idea for someone thinking of Audi door handles, Transporter vents and a respray due to the dents! :mrgreen:

Well ive had enough with mine and all the body mods so good luck to who ever takes it lol if u do sell it