VW_chris

HELL on with fans....

i recently rebuilt my vr6 lump not too long ago, and since, theres been a problem ive not been able to get to the bottom off. any help is greatly appriciated.

the fans run constantly with ignition on and running, but only after exactly 10 seconds.

just before the first turn off the key, after topping fluids up ect, i hooked the battery up and flash. the alarm **** itself, as it was fantastically positioned beneath the coolant resevoir.

anyway, i pulled all of the alarm system out of the car, and replaced everything it damaged (clocks, wiring harness for the clocks, i also replaced the fuse box on the offchance that was also gone.) see build thread for pics.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=78930&page=5

i have tried dis-connecting all the temp sensors from the thermostat housing, didnt stop them running, ive swapped the fan relay, which didnt fix it either.

common sense would say its a wiring short, but whats throwing me off that idea is the fact that its AFTER 10 seconds, surely theyd run the second a switched live hit them if it is a short? there wouldnt be any delay?

ANY help with wiring diagrams/getting to the bottom of this is greatly appriciated, one of those problems where i just need a fresh set of eyes more than anything else...