RichG60

g60 fuel pump running constantly when ignition first turned on

I've just finished installing a g60 engine in to my mk1 golf from a corrado using a 25 pin digifant 2 ECU that came with the engine.

All earth's are brand new with oversized wire and in the correct factory positions as per a corrado g60.

I have the car running and timed up and its sweet as nut apart from one thing that is bothering me.

The fuel pump doesn't stop priming when the ignition is in the first position. I have checked pin3 on the ECU connector to the fuel pump relay and its not shorting and also replaced the relay but have the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a sign of a dodgy ECU? The ECU has an sns chip I've fitted but everything is working fine as it should so baffled about this.

Any experience on this sort of issue would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Hi

im far from a expert but that makes me think two things:

1. Bad leak so system doesnt reach required pressure to stop ( presuming the pump is ment to cut out at a certian pressure)

2. Crap pump so it doesn't build enough pressure.

Hi Rich thanks for your response. I have a Bosch 044 pump that is running well. I was told that a timer in the ECU runs the pump for a few seconds then stops.

Can someone clarify this?

Thanks

Rich

Could be something to do with the fuel-pump / radiator fan after-run that a G60 engine has. Baically if a pressure sensor at the end of the fuel rail senses a certain fuel pressure (as typically found when engine has been running), and if ignition is off and the temperature sensor above the manifold senses a hot engine, then this causes the fuel pump and rad-fan to run till the temperature of the manifold area has dropped below a certain value (usually 95 deg C), to prevent fuel vapour build-up in the fuel lines.

Tempest

Great news this has been fixed. The ignition feeds from the relays and pin 1 on the ecu were fed a constant live feed. I wired ecu pin 1 to cranking power and the relays to constant live and it now primes properly :)