Dreadyedge

2.0 16v ECU temp sensor help

Hey all after a bit of help,

I'm going to replace the ECU temp sensor on my 2.0 16v (9a) as it was suggest to me it could be responsible for the rough idling when 1st started and hesitation when accelerating until its warmed.

He showed me which one he thought it was and its on the right side of the head just down from the dizzy and its a 2 pin plug one..is this the correct one and could anyone tell me an exact name for it and product code as the place I'm trying to order from can't seem to find it on there computer

A PIC would be great if anyone has one so I can make sure I'm getting the right one, I have some of mine but can't seem to find any way to upload it sorry

Thank you all :)

I'd get your injectors tested (pull from head and just spray into bottles to view the spray pattern), poor atomization is always made worse when cold and old kjet injectors can have pretty rubbish spray patterns at idle once over 100K miles

That's it buddy

I'm pretty certain it's part no 36 on here - http://www.partsbase.org/vw/corrado-cor-eu-1995-212-oil-pressure-switch-thermal-switch-temperature-sensor-switch-for-reversing-light/

- in which case part number is 0269061061

I think mine was about £6.00. It didn't sort my running/stalling issues though, it turned out one of the lambda wires was broken

I'm pretty certain it's part no 36 on here - http://www.partsbase.org/vw/corrado-cor-eu-1995-212-oil-pressure-switch-thermal-switch-temperature-sensor-switch-for-reversing-light/

- in which case part number is 0269061061

I think mine was about £6.00. It didn't sort my running/stalling issues though, it turned out one of the lambda wires was broken

I don't think the lambda sensor is used until the engine is up to temp, it's usually hot idle probs with the lambda, but it may affect cold running if the ECU goes into limp mode because the lambda is dead.

Car isn't even on 100,000 yet and had an engine rebuild by previous owner due to snapped cam belt and I think it had new injectors and valves etc... So shouldn't be injectors

Lambda sensor is a possibility 1st things I was going to try was the coolant sensor then the cold start injector