Chuggs1

Factory fitted alarm - additional remote fobs?

Hi

Well my car only came with one alarm remote fob (MPT 1340) - it looks a bit dog eared and I would like to get a couple of spares and have them re-programmed to my car - I'm thinking getting the fobs shouldn't be too hard - its the re-programming bit I'm more concerned about! - any advice out there on this?

Many thanks

Hi

Well my car only came with one alarm remote fob (MPT 1340) - it looks a bit dog eared and I would like to get a couple of spares and have them re-programmed to my car - I'm thinking getting the fobs shouldn't be too hard - its the re-programming bit I'm more concerned about! - any advice out there on this?

Many thanks

What's the alarm they originally cam with Laserline or scorpion. I've never managed to get one for my Laserline their easy to reprograme by flicking a few dip switches within the dash..

I came to the conclusion. That all the wiring must be at its end off life so not worth buying new remotes and bought a new modern alarm system.

I believe its a scorpion - trying to avoid spending £350 (fitted) - before Christmas (otherwise girlfriend won't be seeing Santa this year!!! - on a new (Thatcham 1) alarm lol - hoping to get away with £20 or so!

Will look at the spare fob option - but may well go with a new alarm (have to wait for Januarys pay day though!)

Thanks all

What's the new alarm ?

I just sit by the window watching over it :lol:

Tbh i'm not fitting one until its up and running.

Will look at the spare fob option - but may well go with a new alarm (have to wait for Januarys pay day though!)

Thanks all

Admittedly still a bit of a drive, but there's a very well regarded alarm installer who's done lots of installs for Corrado owners on this forum, called Andy @ Trim Wizard. Think he might even be an ex-Corrado owner. He's based in Surrey but it'd be worth the trip to see him.

http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk/

Admittedly still a bit of a drive, but there's a very well regarded alarm installer who's done lots of installs for Corrado owners on this forum, called Andy @ Trim Wizard. Think he might even be an ex-Corrado owner. He's based in Surrey but it'd be worth the trip to see him.

http://www.trim-wizard.co.uk/

Just make sure you insist he hooks up the total closure (if you have it)

It's been mentioned before in another thread, he didn't hook it up on mine & another member's car.

Told me it was a safety feature of the new alarm so kids wouldn't trap their fingers in the closing windows.. The alarm he fits does actually have total closure, if fitted properly

The cost I have had from local autoelectrician for a new alarm which would be a cobra or meta - both provided with Thatcham class 1 cert and with full closure - is £350 inc. vat and fitting - so may go down this route just to be safe and secure