Sign in to follow this  
Mk1GLS

Spoiler Blues..... Sparky advice required......

HMM.

will see what I can make of it all - getting a bit too much for me ole noggin!

Must learn to spell,

Japser????

hmm.

:roll:

Hmm

right

Now to sit upside down in the footwell of me car & try & work it out!

Wondered about the speed as i gather europe ones are different.

. I thought the c was the only car with a spoiler like this - until I was behind a 3000 GT I think it was - cant remember now, and all of a sudden I blinked & thought - hang on - that spoilers lower?

Until it went up again a bit farther down the road when speed picked up & up it went! The difference? It was almost instant - a blink & u missed it thing.

I'll be back tomorrow night after I have a look tomorrow - wilth news!

ttfn

Wondered about the speed as i gather europe ones are different.

Not sure on that one - the UK spec wiring diagrams are like rocking horse s**t !!

wow, I do hope you just cut and pasted all that info!! But a big thanks, next question then, being as the speed sensor is the only thing I haven't checked, dya know where *precisely* is lives and what it looks like?? I can't seem to see anything like that behind the dash.. but then the wiring is a complete birdsnest

It's the blue/grey wire in the multiplug for the radio. I assume that this wire connects to the back of the instrument cluster & takes a signal from the same source as the speedometer.

So far as I'm aware, the actual speed sensor is mounted on the gearbox. This then sends an electronic signal to the speedometer, radio & spoiler.

Any further than that - I don't know :?

ok, I'll take another look behind the dash over the weekend..... went into the stealers earlier to see if they had any idea.. The replies were quite humorous.. "I didn't even know the corrado had a auto spoiler!" followed by the other 'technician' "When I used to drive the corrados, I never used to bother with the spoiler" ..... if its automatic, then you don't bother with it do you?? Bloody cretins

looks like part of the alarm system to me as it has a "W.T. Licence exempt" stamp on it which tends to only be on things which use a radio transmitter or receiver in them... :?

Storm, It certainly isn`t the spoiler contoller.The spoiler control box is just above the dash switch.It is about 2"x3".Don`t know what that is in your pic :?

is there anyway of testing the spoiler controller when its out of the car?? I can connect a 12v battery across it, but i'm not if the resistance is supposed to change or not