jpowell79

Corrado VR6 Storm - original unmolested example - SOLD

Corrado VR6 Storm - original unmolested example

Regretfully, I?m putting my Corrado VR6 storm up for sale.

After carefully weighing up my current situation, where I have just moved into my first house with tons do do on it, and the fact me and my girlfriend have recently had a baby, it means that it?s unlikely I will have the time or money to get the car back on the road this year.

It?s already been off the road, parked up on the driveway for over a year now. It used to be my daily driver to work, but after a rather unfortunate run of luck with little problems on the car, culminating in the car breaking down on me on my way to work one morning, I finally decided to myself I?d buy another car.

The RAC towed me home, and I bought something else?..the idea was that when I had some more money and time, I would come back to it and sort it out, but it just never really materialized. Anyhow the issue turned out to be the fuel pump, which has now been sorted out, so the car runs again, but there?s still a fair few things that need sorting out and I don?t have the time or money to sort out, so I've decided it?s for the best to let someone else have a go.

I took the car out for a ?cheeky? whizz round the block just before Christmas to see how it, was, and although it?s driving again there?s a few things that need sorting.

Things that spring to mind are:

1. Think the brakes may have seized up a bit?.to be fair the car hasn't been driven for a year, so probably a fairly straightforward job.

2. Slow puncture on the front passenger side

3. Drivers door handle has seized up. Can?t open it from the outside. Need to open passenger door and lean over to open drivers door from the inside. This is a common issue, so probably a new door handle/mech would sort this out fairly easily.

4. Horizontal rubber guard on side of car is dangling off?..Super-gluing it back on would probably sort it out.

5. Various rust spots around the arches, various scratches dinks, scuffs on most panels

6. MOT has expired

7. Crack on windscreen on passenger side (not in drivers view, but still needs sorting at some point)

Now for the good points?. It?s an original, unmolested VR6 Storm, with the original BBS alloys. The interior leather is good, although there is obviously wear to the driver?s seat and bolsters, there?s a whole folders worth of history. Many common corrado faults have already been addressed over the past 3-4 years, with receipts to show. It?s done 160k but I don?t think that?s too bad for the age of the car.

I?d class it as a project fixer-upper?..someone with the time and patience good bring this back to its former glory. The picture below is of when I was last using it as a daily driver, but if someone is genuinely interested I can take the protective cover off the car and take some more photo?s.

If you make me a decent offer you can have it, but I?m not going to just let it go for silly money. If I don?t get the right offer, I?ll forget about it for another year, and maybe next year if my circumstances change, I?ll have a go at sorting it out myself.

If you've never driven a corrado VR6 before, you need to experience it. I?m no car expert, but have had a go in quite a few performance cars over the years, and I can honestly say that in terms of sheer driving fun and putting a smile on my face, it?s still my second favourite car to drive (the first being a Porsche 911 GT3!) and it?s much more fun than my current car (CLK55) so like I say, I?m not just going to give it away.

I?ve listed the price as ?9999 just to get peoples attention! Please message me to discuss a price?..it was either that or ?1?..and I thought that was a bad idea in case someone decided to make a payment of ?1 to me, then took me to court on the basis of me advertising it for this price! :)

Will consider any sensible offers?.remember that although the car drives, the MOT has now expired, so you would need to arrange how best to take it away.

Any questions, please ask.

List Date: 1/13/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Corrado VR6 Storm - original unmolested example

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

UdpenQUWf5ER.png

Mobile friendly version: Corrado VR6 Storm - original unmolested example

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!