MikeyGordon

Door locks

Well when I picked up my corrado I got 3 keys with it.ebfcf732c8755eb74d7d4322745c2f51.jpg

As you may notice, the silver key and the single black key on the fob are the same, both of of these work in the ignition, passenger door and boot but only the silver key would open the drivers door. I noticed the screw on the door shut above the lock was a bit slack, so I tightened that, and now the silver key will not work the door either.

I was thinking of buying tumblers and re-tumbling the door lock, but my dealer can't get them any more. He reckons he might have a few kicking about in the workshop, I will find out tomorrow.

Is a clean up and grease likely to make both keys work the drivers door?

Thanks.

Edit: The black key on the same ring as the silver does not operate anything either, not sure what it would have been for.

Could get a set of locks from a car being broken perhaps, if all the keys match - then just swap them over and voila. Not really an item people need very often so should be able to get a full set reasonably cheap.

the plates in the locks are the same in most vag models pre 98 so easy to find and there are only 4 differnt plates so i would pull the drivers and re shuffle the plates and see how you go the lock will still work even if a couple of plates are missing

I still haven't got around to doing this yet :( too busy enjoying driving it haha.

I am sure it just needs cleaning and greased though (fingers crossed) I will update when I get round to it.

But thanks for that, there is a couple of old vag's lying about my grandads yard I will have a steal of their locks :)