corrado wannabe

Door aperture seal.

Looking for some advice please, I will eventually get round to posting pictures of it, but hopefully my description will be enough.

The door seal (large rubber seal which runs along the top of the door frame and seals against the ruber seal on the body) is stopping the door from closing properly. It appears to be fouling the body at the A post, just above the wing mirror. The door appears to be closing fully on the stricker pin and is sitting flush with the rear quarter panel, it just the top of the door that is being held out.

I have looked and I cannot see anything untoward with the seal itself, no rips tears etc. The lines on the door match with the body so I am ruling out the door not being aligned properly.

The only thing I can think of is the window frame section of the door has been pulled outward at some point?

Anyone got any suggestions before I get a block of woodin between the door and sill and start bending it inward?

Cheers

Dougie

Sounds like some horrible sticky fingered person has had a go at breaking into your car, as the top of the door frame wouldn't just go out shape. Is there any dents or scrapes down the A post or roof? If there is someone has tried bending the top of the door out to gain access. This happened to my father in laws van recently

That was my thought Sean.

It has always been like this since I got the car so pretty sure its historic.

I really need to figure out a way of knowing what shape/bend the window frame should have in relation to the rest of the door. Have been trying to rack my brains on a way of measuring with a plum line the passenger door, then comparing the measurement on the drivers (affected) door.

I just dont want to go to the bother of this if its just the seal that has blown, and is holding the door out.

The joys...