4eyes2wheels

Spring Clamps

Hi there - Golf TDi question. Power is sometime being limited which I believe is down to a split in the turbo intercooler boost air intake hose. Bought one plus the two spring clamps but because I don't have super human hands I can't remove the ones or fit the new ones.

Do I need a set of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Flat-Band-Hose-Clamp-Pliers-Tool-/110694572311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19c5e92117 to avoid a world of pain or is there something else I can do?

Thanks in advance

I bought some of those and they do make it much easier as they lock in place so you can position the clamp properly.

Just a thought, they don't open too wide, so for larger spring clamps they may not work. I was struggling on the largest water hose clamps

Well I eventually got the tool from eBay. Problem was that the jaws didn't open wide enough to deal with the new clips when they were relaxed. After a few minutes trying to hold the pliers between my knees and open up the clip so it would fit I tried a different tack. Using the handles of the pliers not the jaws I was able to get the two ends close enough to be able to use the jaws, to I got that far and slipped the clip onto a steel travel cup which held the clip in the right position so I could then use the pliers as intended. Having done that is was easy!