Mrbaldhead

I need this!

Hello everyone,

Right I have been messing about for a few years deciding if a VR6 is for me or not..... I have come to the decision that I need one basically. I have seen a few but nothing really stood out, the ones I want always sell to quick. I will be buying one around MAY time and just curious about what people think.

1) What are the VR6's actually like to drive? (Obviously excluding the heavenly noise they make when the loud peddle is pressed).

2) If I find a well looked after model, how reliable are these cars? (Yes they are 20 years old so won't be spotless).

3) Mileage, people say 30MPG on the motorway, what about real figures in terms of everyday use?

5) This will be my everyday car, does this work?

4) I think these are 100% the best looking VW's around, what do you think?

ps. If someone is local to High Wycombe, anyone fancy giving me a spin in a VR6 you will make my week!

Ian

1. It's a nice car to drive. Gearing is quite long, and whilst it's not FAST in low revs it's grunty enough that you don't need to be up and down the gears all the time - the benefit of a reasonably large engine!

2. They're pretty good but as you say - they're 20 years old. Just find one that's been looked after - don't buy the cheapest one you can find with no service history, and then be disappointed when it breaks all the time!

3. Can definitely get over 30MPG on a cruise (35MPG easy) and mid to low 20's around town I'd say. Overall given the age, and size of the engine, it's pretty damn respectable.

4. It can. Just expect to need to keep on top of maintenance as and when it occurs!

5. Naturally ;)

Welcome. I don't live near there anymore but my wife has family in Harrow so I'm occasionally up that way. I may be going that route at the end of Feb if you don't find anything before then. Can't promise though as we may end up in the Golf.

Let me know if you come up/down in the corrado, send me a PM or something on here. Would be amazing to finally get a ride in one after only seeing them from the outside :(

Tick that box. Get one!

The VR6 was, is & always will be a great car. Well respected & rightly so &, if you find a nice one, you will love it. They still feel special. However, as you say, these cars are twenty years old so expect to spend to keep them right.

I'm not surprised the cars you liked sold quickly. Good cars always have a ready market, but persevere & you will find one, Just have the cash ready & be prepared to view promptly. I missed out on two nice Storms as I didn't act quickly enough. Got one now though but will need a bit of time & money to get it how I want it.

Good luck! :thumbleft: