Hairyarse

Rear window washer jet

When I operate my rear window washer, water just dribbles over the wiper head on to the spoiler like an old man with a weak prostate! lol

There's no 'jet' to it at all. I've looked at Partsbase and I don't think I'm missing any parts. Looking at the jet it looks like it should jet upwards and deflect off the cap on to the window;

2015-02-05144639_zps53a87eb9.jpg

Am I missing something??

Not got one, but I'll be shared with other models with the same setup... Like a black plastic turret which makes it squirt straight in front of the wiper blade.

Check out the link below for a washer jet nozzle for a Mk3 Golf. The black nozzle is what you need and the Golf part is s straight fit on the Corrado ........ it simply pushes into hole in the top of the wiper motor spindle. The grey tube supplies the water and is identical to the Corrado part but the Corrado tube is 31mm longer so the Golf part is unsuitable ........... been there and tried it!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Rear-Window-Spray-Nozzle-Washer-Jet-for-VW-Golf-mk3-Passat-1H6955985-/281098111495?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4172c0ca07

Edited by leon263

Thanks Leon. I've already ordered one for a couple of quid of my mate that does car parts (shameless plug - http://www.classic-vw.co.uk/) It should be here in the next week tops.

He's great for parts by the way and can get most things even if it's not on his site ;)

Thread resurrection......I purchased a mk3 golf nozzle and tried fitting it this morning, looks identical but really tight fitting, goes half way in then no more, tried tapping it in and putting a touch of washing-up liquid on it but no joy, anyone else had the same problem ? Maybe needs the plastic sanding a little ? Thanks Chris.