Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

Air / Fuel Gauge

Was gonna get a boost gauge and oil temp gauge for the pillar mount that i am planning to install but thought an air / fuel gauge would be more useful; what do you guys think?

Would this be any harder to plumb in than the oil temp gauge?

boost gauge is FAR more useful.

but A/F gauges are easy to fit, it just taps into the lambda probe loom.

Dont think i explained myself properly :roll: , im dego getting the boost gauge just wondered whether i would be better will air/fuel rather than oil temp. If its just as easy will probably go with air / fuel.

Bert. if you want a air/fuel guage to actually mean something it's best to get a second lamda installed in to the exhaust, you can get one from the breakers or something, ... if it's a g60, cos the lamda is read closed loop, on off on off. if its a valver it will be different and prob for vr6,?? dunno,

Good thing is to get a wide band one put in, - this gives you a much more gradual and accurate reading, meaning that if your engine is leaning out, - it wont let you know 2 seconds before it goes BANG........

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference with a wideband one? How much more difficult will this be to get fitted, i am anticipating having problems getting it fitted even if its simple and this is sounding more difficult by the minute. Oh yeah nearly forgot its a G60 by the way