Jim Bowen

Engine change question?

As i'm putting my third engine in the corrado, and reading something on another forum. I was wondering should i be notifying someone like the DVLA about it?

Do i have to make sure the engine number is registered to the car? I have a vege head which they have stuck their own number on and the block was a new VW one, also has numbers on it?

d) Written confirmation on headed paper from a garage if the change in engine size took place before you bought the vehicle.

This also covers the DIY jobs; a local garage will confirm the engine swap has been undertaken and is of a safe standard. You may also like to bundle this in with an MOT, if its due, as a pass will prove the car is roadworthy.

This seems quite important that in needs checking over by a garage and deemed sage - seems to be an insurance requirement too

engine block is the only important number as it's on the vehicle reg document, on an old car these can be almost impossible to read with corrosion but they can always be ground off and re-stamped :)