Hassan.

Cobra alarm problem not activating

Good evening guys,

This afternoon I decided to adjust one of my coilovers as I noticed it was rubbing on the arch. I then checked the oil.

Once I had finished I locked the car via the fob as usual and there was a constant bleep (which the car usually makes if a door/bonnet/boot is left open). However I double checked everything and all was locked and fine!

I cant seem to understand why its not working. Any guidance/tips please...

Thanks in advance!

Hi, have you tried syncing the fob with the car. I had some issue last year similar and this worked. They have just returned though.

Hi, have you tried syncing the fob with the car. I had some issue last year similar and this worked. They have just returned though.

It started working again, then I raised the car a few days later to adjust the coilovers (2nd time)...after this it had the same problem. Il give it a few days it might start working again. Bizarre, as it does unlock the car/deactivate immobiliser/panic button works still.

I have just had my car in the garage having the brakes done and I now have the same problem (also have a cobra alarm) - multi beeps on locking.

On Wednesday I am dropping it back into the auto electricians that fitted alarm to check it so interested in seeing any replies as to cause!

Ask him how you would disconnect it as well please or at least so the car wouldn't be immobilized.

Isnt there a section on doing that in the instruction manual? Sure I saw something

When activating the alarm, a continuous beep is made. I feel the car senses a door or something is left open but that's not the case. It still activates the immobiliser just does not lock the doors via fob. Luckily I have not de-locked the handles!

Not sure what continuous beep is mine beeps 4 Times after the locking beep which on mine signifies something not shut .... Again I have checked everything and all is closed. As for you it started straight after some work where wheels were off. Coincidence i am sure. But will know more on Wednesday