Simon vr6

Passenger door will not open!!!!

Hi guys can't seem to open my passenger door from the inside or out. Locks and unlocks fine. Door handle is working as it should. Looks like the lock on the inside of the door has broken. Any ideas how I can get the door open to investigate?

Cheers Simon

Sometimes the levers/mechanism in the lock part can all gum up and the levers don't spring back into place.

You can just about get to them if you wind window door and use the small little gap along top of door. Could try lifting them up with something or spraying some WD40 in there with the straw.

If you drop the window and use a torch to look inside the door, you will see the locking mechanism. If you slide something down the inside of the door between the window gap you can push the striker down to open the door. I find a tent peg is best.

Iv had this problem and basically used a tent peg to unlock and lock the door for weeks until I could find the time to fix it. It's abit tricky but once you've done it once it's easy. Let me know how it goes and if you struggle I'll send you some pics over.