Langsam

Steering rack clamp needed

Just like the title says, I need a steering rack clamp. It's the item that holds one half of the steering rack to the subframe.

Can anyone help me out?

Yeh sounds good to me. Could you measure the distance between the two hole centres? I've bought two clamps before and they've been too small.

How much would you be willing to part for?

I can get to the unit Friday mate. Sorry but I'm full on hectic this wk and can't get through til then. If you find another no worries mate

So I finally grabbed it mate! 100mm between holes ;) off a 93 vr6 though I believe that all models had the same rack..... I will happily send pics if you wish but it's yours if you want it. Cheers

Sweet cheers mate. I'll head down to my garage in a bit and just measure it up. I'm most probably being too cautious but I've got a small pile of these clamps that don't fit that was suppose too.

Right Ive managed to measure between the holes on the clamp I've got and its 90mm between the holes! I'm lost now hahaha

I measured mine and it's 100mm aswell. That's on g60 and 16v.

What's the part number on the 90mm bracket?

\Paddy

From inside both holes its 90mm. From centre to centre its 98mm. It doesn't have a part number on it. It's the original bracket that was fitted to the car aswell haha

Vag-hag's one will fit so. I bought a new clamp from the dealers and there was only 1 part number for all models.

FYI, in engineering distances between 2 holes/points is measured centerpoint to centerpoint(which is the same as LHS to LHS or RHS to RHS if talking about circles).

\Paddy

That's what I did measured from LHS to LHS for centre to centre and its 98mm.

Vag-hag what's your PayPal details?