Hassan.

Electric Recaro 2 way folding seat STUCK broken

Good evening guys,

This afternoon I was cleaning the carpets and decide to adjust the Recaros to get underneath the carpet, in doing so the back-rest is probably near horizontal and now wont move back :-S

I have swapped the switches around and still no luck. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Is there a way of manually adjusting the seat back?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe you blew a fuse, wiring to the recaros is quite simple so can't really go wrong. The switches play up occasionally which you can sort by removing them and spraying with switch cleaner

Sorry, I swapped the switch around with the passenger side which is working fine, so the switch is in good nick and wont require any cleaning. The recline function is not moving either way but the seat base does raise/lower this means the fuse is still working?

Yeah sounds like you still have power. Have you tried to press the switch while simultaneously persuading the seat in the right direction?

Yes I have tried that, Im going to try again and see what happens this time Il get somebody else to move the switch.

What I'm suggesting it putting power straight to motor if you can reach it. Take a battery add wires, send 12v from battery direct to terminals on motor from battery :)

My wiring broke where the seat base meets the back, it runs in the little gap there, whenever i put seat forward it would blow the fuse. Also the wiring under the seat can be quite vulnerable. Worth checking.

The wiring that is visible looks ok, iv not managed to strip it down all yet but will give it a go tomorrow and try see what the problem is.