Album56

G60 Cooling fan

My 92 G60 has developed a noisy & slow cooling fan, turns easily by hand but motor must be dying, temperature rises to above 110c when stuck in traffic. Does anybody know if this fan is still available fron the dealers? There seems to be 2 types listed for the PG 1H0959455D or 1H0959455G ?

Any help appreciated

Well it turns out 1H0959455D is correct for manual G60 & is still available, but none in the country will probably come from Germany but its over £300!! For the time being I've used contact cleaner on all the electrical connections & it seems to be working better, keeping coolant just below 110c when stuck in traffic so putting off investing £300+ for the time being.

On a good note I've had 2 people say "If you ever want to sell give me a call" recently, good to know the G60 particularly the later ones are still sought after & valued.

Good work on finding the correct fan. Could consider something aftermarket instead from someone like Revotec, provided you can find a suitable / matching shroud.

I think the G60's relative rarity will stand it in good stead in the coming years, and might even make it more desirable / collectable than the VR6 which is relatively plentiful in comparison!