Longjon

Alarm Removal issue

I'm in the process of removing the aftermarket alarm from my VR6, I have most of the wiring out and the control boxes and have repaired the wiring, the bits i can access and see.

I reconnected the battery but the car wont start, it seems I have no live feed to my fuel pump, no voltage showing. Am I right in undertsanding that to be thatcham certified the fuel pump has to be spliced into, and if so where??. And how do i test it. It seems the fuel pump has several live feeds!!

The back of the fuse box looks like a bowl of spagetti so was going to unplug all the plugs from the back, untangle them and then plug them back in, hopefully sorting the mess out.

Thanks

Jon

Edited by Longjon
Add pictures

Jon,

In my experience, they splice into the loom as it runs on the floor next to the driver's seat. Pop off the long thin plastic panel that runs along the bottom edge of the door and pull back the carpet. You will then have access to the loom that goes to the back of and underside of the car. Look for anything wrapped in different tape - fitters tend to use electricians tape which differs from VW's loom tape.

David

I think I did take the immobiliser out, 3 control boxes came out, I've repaired the wiring i can see, and am going to try to locate the live feed for the fuel pump on saturday, to try to get the car to run.

i take it the 'factory' alarm looks nothing like an aftermarket jobbie?

Got the problem sorted, it seems i removed one of the ignition wires by mistake!!

Soldered in a new one and she runs. :smug:

Now just have to sort the central locking not working. Any suggestions??