Chuggs1

Temp Sensor??

Hi - I have a little bit of hesitation on starting up. If I depress the accelerator a bit I can normally go past it but if I don't it can stall. Its not major and not all the time... From doing some reading Ii can see suggestion that the temp sensor can cause this.

1. Can anyone post a link to this part for me to buy please? Think its fairly cheap?

2. Is this something that's easily changed myself (amateur) what's the process for changing?

3. Do people agree this could be the cause/cure?

Many thanks

David

hi m8

are you depressing the accelerator as you turn the ignition key?

I ask as the manual says never to do such. I very rarely read manuals but for the VR I did & that part stuck in my mind lol

reason being is that is can mess up the fueling & make it run not very well. it then takes a few minutes for the ECU to sort it out

my VR has always started very well & virtually always goes 'tick, tick vroom' however the gf's storm can very often turn over quite a few times before starting once it has warmed up

hers always starts but it is odd the way they start differently

im not sure if that info helps but thought worth a mention :)

hi m8

are you depressing the accelerator as you turn the ignition key?

I ask as the manual says never to do such. I very rarely read manuals but for the VR I did & that part stuck in my mind lol

reason being is that is can mess up the fueling & make it run not very well. it then takes a few minutes for the ECU to sort it out

my VR has always started very well & virtually always goes 'tick, tick vroom' however the gf's storm can very often turn over quite a few times before starting once it has warmed up

hers always starts but it is odd the way they start differently

im not sure if that info helps but thought worth a mention :)

Thanks Mate - now im not sure how I start my car as do it in auto pilot! - will watch myself and see what occurs - think I have been touching accelerator recently just o make sure if starts first time ha-ha! But I think you may be right - sometimes when in a rush I can just in and turn key straight away and hit pedal quickly so wil try slowing down !!!

no probs.

I think it has something to do with the 'open circuit fuel mapping' oir whatever the correct term is.

I recall vince saying that you can get running problems when the battery is on its last legs as the ECU loses the fuelling info once the car is turned off if the battery hasn't enough juice in it

also - I know that my VR in particular does really not like running for just a few seconds. IE if you start it & then turn off after a very short time. if done a couple of times successively my word the engine runs rough as a bag of nails whilst the ECU sort itself out.

this last happened when it went to the body shop a few years ago & when I collected it I got half a mile down the road & thought 'WTF they have killed my car'. I stopped & turned off, left it for a few seconds & then restarted & all was well.

I had forgotten to tell the body shop to not press accelerator when starting & to let it run for a few minutes each time

I want to post a video to show the sound when I start mine as ive always really liked it....it really does do a 'chicka-chicka, vroom' lol

no probs.

I think it has something to do with the 'open circuit fuel mapping' oir whatever the correct term is.

I recall vince saying that you can get running problems when the battery is on its last legs as the ECU loses the fuelling info once the car is turned off if the battery hasn't enough juice in it

also - I know that my VR in particular does really not like running for just a few seconds. IE if you start it & then turn off after a very short time. if done a couple of times successively my word the engine runs rough as a bag of nails whilst the ECU sort itself out.

this last happened when it went to the body shop a few years ago & when I collected it I got half a mile down the road & thought 'WTF they have killed my car'. I stopped & turned off, left it for a few seconds & then restarted & all was well.

I had forgotten to tell the body shop to not press accelerator when starting & to let it run for a few minutes each time

I want to post a video to show the sound when I start mine as ive always really liked it....it really does do a 'chicka-chicka, vroom' lol

All is well - it was just me being impatient - nothing wrong with start up at all - just see the rev counter drop to 0 for fraction of second then fires into life - no touching the pedal

All is well - it was just me being impatient - nothing wrong with start up at all - just see the rev counter drop to 0 for fraction of second then fires into life - no touching the pedal

excellent news m8!!

as mentioned the VR manual is one of the many i have which i actually read, rather than just store, & a gem of a piece of info it produced :) lol

Maybe I should actually read some of the stuff I have! Normal bloke though - don't read manuals or instructions lol!