Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Well it's almost ready to fire up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a few more bolts to put in, Bit of re-wiring to tidy up a bodge job by a mechanic recently. Then a major bit of wiring putting the battery in the boot.

Then I'll get to hear that whine of the Lysholm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's all ready to fire up (bar checking and topping up fluid levels!)

Wanted to leave it to morning as I'm in an excited mood and going out! Didn't want to ruin that mood if something went wrong! So first thing in the morning I'll be waking the neighbours!!!!!

Also finally sorted the Methanol injection system and that is also ready to test before actually plugging it in to the boost pipes! Got the injection tube coming out of the engine bay and tucked under the windscreen wiper to see if it fires when it is supposed to!!!! I've now also modified it so I have two stage injection, one before the intercooler and the other after the CO Pot!!

Can't wait til the morning but fingers crossed!!!!

Im just running mine in at the mo, my engine spec is no where near urs and it seems to have changed the car a fair bit just using the standard pulley so urs will be a monster. Dont think u'll regret getting one mate.

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Seems I have a fault in my electrics when moving the battery to the boot as it seems to not be getting power to the front end. But I can't be arsed to start pulling it to bits in the rain!!!

Well today I managed to run an earth wire from the battery in the boot to the front of the car and now it starts fine, seems it was just a bad earth.

So finally managed to get it running! The Methanol Inj still isn't working, the pump seems to work intermittently for some reason! However, was the funniest drive I have ever had as everyone stopped turned round and stared!! IT'S SOOOOO LOUD!!!

However on the bad side, I either need a smaller pulley or I have a boost leak as it's not registering as mouch boost as it should be and it's definatly down on power with the standard pulley! Think I might have to get a 50mm on it!

Will try and get pics later!

mine was the same, my boost gauge would only read around 8 psi on my boost gauge, but thats keeping it under 4 k. I presume the extra boost will come in between 4 and 6. I noitced that it comes in sooner tho, ure right about the noise aswell everybody looks lol.

On mine i could only get 1.1 bar out of it on the smallest 50mm pulley and that was on a 1900 big valve head and larger than standard intercooler, so will be interested to see if any1 can get the 20psi+ out of 1.

On mine i could only get 1.1 bar out of it on the smallest 50mm pulley and that was on a 1900 big valve head and larger than standard intercooler, so will be interested to see if any1 can get the 20psi+ out of 1.

How did the charger compare with the turbo ur running now? Obviously the figures will be different but how did the driveabilty of the car change. Sorry to hijack by the way.

You've got to remember that the boost showing on the gauge is only measured on back pressue of the system, if your head flows well it will show a low reading, that doesn't mean it's not creating the boost, just it can't be measured as the head is just lapping it up!

Yes thats what i was trying to get at as well my friend.

But all i know was i wanted the 20+psi what BBM stated on the website to hit 300bhp potential but it didnt it only managed 260bhp hence why im interested to see somebody get 300bhp from one of these, sure with the right spec it can be achieved but with mine it could not do it, as yours is so different to mine i hope you do get near the 300bhp you always set out to do.

Still its great init, the looks on peoples faces :D :lol: :D

WOW!!!!

Got the 50mm pulley on it this weekend and also the smaller belt to ensure no slippage! Bloody Hell it's getting a bit silly now!!!

Methanol Inj still not working which is getting on my tits! I can hear it kick in when I switch the ignition on 80% of the time yet it's still not squirting when on boost. Really hope I don't have to strip it all out and rewire it!!!

Even so well impressed with the power delivery now! It's just off!

You bringing it to Inters mate? I must admit, I find the noise of the BBM charger far too OTT but interested to see it all in its current state anyway :)

You bringing it to Inters mate? I must admit, I find the noise of the BBM charger far too OTT but interested to see it all in its current state anyway :)

I will be there and on the club stand. The noise - even by my standards is a bit too loud and am currently sorting out quietening it down as it draws too much attention and there is some attention you just don't want!!!!

Der Polizei? Or der angry neighbours? ;)

Der Polizei!!

Don't give a rats arse about teh neighbours - Hate living in the City Centre and am off into the Bank this evening to pay my valuation fees and sign morgage documents on my new house!!!

Buying a Cottage in Sutton Coldfield!!!

Ooooooooo

Got all excited today!!! Finally figured out the problem with my Methanol injection system and bar some fine adjustment now on the boost pressure switch it's all running spot on!!!

Also drained the water system and refilled using Radtec's "Coolboost" Water Wetter! so we'll see if that helps to keep my water temp down.

Finally I also fitted my Ali power steering fluid bottle made by Radtec! Needs polishing as does the Methanol Tank but that I'll do later!

Pics up soon!!!!

Video footage please sam!!...lol :lol:

At Inters Fella!!![/quote:f7898]

Cool! will prob see ya there then mate!