SR_Neale

No speedo, rev counter, mileage, mfa and clock

Yet another question that has probably been asked many times. I currently have no speedo rev counter mfa and clock. Checked fuses and all ok. I have read that it's possibly a bad earth? Where is the earth likely to be have traced back from batt but have only managed to find 2 earths 1 behind batt and 1 which bolts to the block but all the others seem to run into the loom tape and can't work out where they go. Have had fuse box out to try and trace but not able to trace. Could it be a relay? Temp gauge and fuel gauge working ok. Please help. Also indicators have stoped working is this linked or is it likely that I have done something when fiddling with fuse box?

I was fixing the same on mine today...

pin 3 and 5 on the cluster (ce2) are ground, so you could check them 1st. Pin 11 is 12v(fuse14) and pin 13 is ignition power.

Pin13 was not powered for me as I had left a connector disconnected.....

There is a earth connector above the fuse box on the a-pillar, with loads of earth wires connected. You may have dislodged one of these.

Earth for indicators is direct to the battery. Does the hazard lights work?

\Paddy

Not sure as the wife told me after I had parked up I the garage so need to get it out Tuesday after work and see for myself. Did you manage to get yours sorted?

Got mine working alright. Mines been a very very long term project though. Hope to have it on the road in a few weeks.

\Paddy

I know that feeling. My mk1 golf has been so long I can't imagine it ever being finished. All part of the fun.