marks2

Corrado G60 1992 finished in Satin Silver - No Longer Available

Corrado G60 1992 finished in Satin Silver

This sale represents a very unique opportunity. My G60 is standard. Totally unmodified. It pretty much as it rolled out of the VW production line in 1992. No chip, no pulley it?s not even been lowered or fitted with different wipers / headlight loom.

If you are looking for a project / show car with a small amount of work this is it.

I have owned my G60 since Sept 2012. Since then I?ve driven it no more than a 400 hundred miles.

Before buying it I must have looked at 6 or 7 G60?s. All had been modified in one way or another. Most very badly.

I have come to the realization that as much as I love the car I?m just not going to drive it any time soon. Kids / job / house and my other car all push it to the back of the queue.

The car has no MOT (expired in April).

History

It?s had 7 former keepers but don?t let that put you off as each has looked after the car.

The mileage is currently 84732. This won?t change as the car is not being driven. I have all of the old MOT?s that combined with the service history back up the low mileage.

Engine / Service History?where to begin.

The car has an A4 folder documenting one of the most comprehensive service histories that I have seen with a car.

The supercharger was replaced in 2002 at a mileage of 60,621 with a genuine new VW unit. Not a recon! That service alone amounted to ?2359

Hollis Motors (VW)

18/1/93 10,302 miles

11/1/94 15,621 miles

2/2/95 19,697 miles

7/3/96 23,500 miles

22/4/97 27,518 miles

20/4/98 31,060 miles

29/4/99 33,931 miles

22/4/2000 43,744 miles

Scotts of Stockwell (VW)

17/4/01 51,447 miles

Hollis Motors (VW)

28/3/02 57,879 miles

17/9/02 60,621 miles

14/4/03 64,180 miles

19/3/04 68,761 miles

Victoria Volkswagen

25/5/05 70,457

Independents

1/8/06 72,661 miles Modern & Classic Autos

9/8/07 74,287 miles Modern & Classic Autos

14/4/11 80,527 miles Units 5 Motor care

Despite not being driven I have started and run the engine up to temp once or twice a month. I have uploaded a video of a cold start.

Interior

Probably the best bit. Both the drivers and passenger seats are in superb condition. Bolsters are firm and the foam is in great condition (no dandruff on the car after a drive)!. Rear seats are the same. First aid kit and warning triangle are both present. The rear seat / parcel shelf have not faded from exposure to the sun. The car is fitted with a VW immobilizer.

Electrics

Tilt and slide sunroof both tilts and slides, now that?s a got to be first. I?ve taken photos in all positions. The rear spoiler raises and lowers with the switch. It went up and down the last time I had it on the road.

Both electric windows work. MFA works.

The stereo is missing. It was faulty anyway and I fully intended to replace it with something a bit more modern.

Bakes & Suspension

The wheels are in good condition. No major curbing or marks. The BBS centre caps are present.

The front discs and pads are new along with the tyres (Uniroyal Rainsports). The only miles the tyres have done is to / from the MOT station last year.

The car has ABS and as far as I am aware is fully working. The dash light illuminates / extinguishes as it should.

Like all old cars there are a few issues

- I started it today and ran it up to temp but the fan did not kick in.

- There are a few dents and marks. I have taken detailed photos of all.

- The rear bumper has been repainted and suffers from micro blisters.

- The end of each sill has rust. Worst on the driver?s side.

- Knock sensor needs replacing (the rubber insulation on the cable has started to come away).

URL to photos :

http://s386.photobucket.com/user/mrjh_photo/slideshow/

Video:

http://s386.photobucket.com/user/mrjh_photo/media/SAM_1604_zpsjdjrzns0.mp4.html

List Date: 6/30/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Corrado G60 1992 finished in Satin Silver

--------------------------------------

This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

ccc677c1-11e5-4dbc-858d-8a771cf6e2f1.JPG

Mobile friendly version: Corrado G60 1992 finished in Satin Silver

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by marks2