Sign in to follow this  
chance

newbie question?

PUBLIC NOTICE: Please don't laugh at the words that follow. :lol:

Hi there fellas from a newbie forum member and corrado owner.

Here are two problems that i encounter and any help will be helpful. :D

1st problem

Help needed with bad G60 idle

The problem is that idle stays at 1100 rpm and not at normal 800.

Now i read somethings about solving this problem by cleaning ECU contacts , but since i am 0 mechanic i need help. What the hell is ECU, where to find it under the hood and how to take i out and clean it?

2nd problem

I believe this is the old one, and can someone just confirm this since i couldn't find the answer. It is about g60 cold start and problems with it.

quote from corrado club that can be applied in my case:

Usually after the 3rd start of so the car will run, but will stall out when driven. Over time, the hard starting got worse. First I needed two tries, then three, and so on. Only when the car is warmed up, will it drive normally. Once car cools down again, the problem re-occurs. Needles to say, this was driving me crazy.

The solution seems simple, change the fuel filter. Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks in advance!

the starting problems are probably due to a faulty blue teperature sensor ....ive just had the same problem they are cheap and easy to change

this may also cause the high idle but im not sure

ECU = Engine Control Unit

As coolrado, says, odds are this is a Blue temp sender fault... the contacts onto the ECU are sealed with a rubber sealant strip. The chances of this being a naff ECU contact are remote IMHO..

It could also be something REALLY simple like the idle screw has moved... :roll: while the engine is warm, disconnect the blue temp sender while the car is idling, then adjust the idle speed with the BIG brass screw on the back of the throttle body (where the throttle cable attaches) so that the idle is where you want it, then re-connect the blue sensor... 8)

your idle should then stay around where you set it no matter what the engine temp... 8)