Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

weight on g60 butterfly ...whats it for

whats the deal with the bolted on weight on the small butterfly???

ive just pulled the tb for some diy flowing ,should i lose this weight?? what do i do with the holes where it screws

Stick the butterfly off a 16V TB in it instead. Fits like a glove. I never noticed any difference when I removed it on my Golf.

Gavin

thats handy..i have some 16v ones in stock :D

what do recon its for??? it makes quite a restriction!

one more Q can you get the vac hose clips? im guessing i need em..or would a cable tie do the job

I'd use a cable tie every time :mrgreen:

I reckon it must have something to do with either airflow direction or restriction to speed up gas flow? Thing is after the lump the gas speed will drop off anyway?

Have you asked on vortex?

Gavin

yeah i just asked on vortex.....i thought it looked like it was direct the flow???

did you notice yours was any better without it??

The lump is there to smooth the throttle response at low throttle positions... effectively it acts as a dam for the airflow creating a smoother transition from closed to open until the second butterfly opens and all hell breaks loose anyway! ;) :lol:

You may find it a little bit less predictable and less easy to drive in traffic if you remove it, but, as long as you fill in the holes that it mounts onto, there is no reason it needs to be there... 8)

okay...i ported it good and removed the bolt on lump....it doesnt seem any worse to drive and it feels like it pulls/revs harder through 5k-redline....i hit the limiter by mistake when i took it out

so i spose its worth doing if youve got a dremel handy...just clean the bits out properly :mrgreen: