Sign in to follow this  
StirlingStorm

Wot's this bit I've found then?

Ok, I just cleared out my parts bin the other day and I found a strange black box with a load of wires coming out of it. From memory I think it's something I whipped out of a mangled VR6 when I was in the local scrappies looking for a couple of switches or something and from where it was I think it's some sort of alarm box. It has a part number on it of "998 VAG 153" and underneath that says "M.P.T. 1340" and "W.T. LICENCE EXEMPT" underneath that too. Anyone know what it is and does anyone need one? It has half a wiring loom with a whole pile of connectors and fuses/relays on it too but they're hacked off halfway down (wasn't me BTW!) so if it's of any use to anyone let me know. Oh it has a date of August 1997 on it too if that helps.

Ta in advance!

a tracker perhaps????.....i know for a wee while in 94 or so VW offered ALL VR6/GTi models a tracker fitted as standard :wink:

I think thats the control box for the std fit Scorpion alarm, I recently ripped mine out and the numbers sound very similar! Does it have a small sliding panel with dip switches behind it ?

I think thats the control box for the std fit Scorpion alarm, I recently ripped mine out and the numbers sound very similar! Does it have a small sliding panel with dip switches behind it ?

it does indeedy! Any use to anyone if it is?

I've got the same lettering written on my fob and I believe that the standard fit alarms were Scorpion.

Wonder if anyone can tell me whether or not I can program a Mk4 Flip Key to work with the Scorpion alarm ...

I think the MPT exempt means that you dont need a licence to trasmitt radio waves. :roll:

Yep, I think we can say it's definitely the control box from a Scorpion alarm. I just checked on Ebay and there's a pic of a Scorpion system and it has the exact same size box with the same wire coming out of it and the same fixing lugs on it too. It's no use to me so if anyone has a b0rked control box let me know and it's yours for a bag of crisps and a couple of second class stamps (mind you it might not work I spose!)

Does it have the key fobs with it ?? It will only work with fobs that are programmed to it. Very difficult to get a new fob sorted to work with them too. Ii was quoted over £100!! so i bought a new one.