Bfstrachan

Wet passenger footwell...

Ok, it's definitely water! Did the taste test and no hint of coolant!

well that is good news to start with :)

you could try pouring some water directly onto the scuttle part above the foliage mesh cover to try to test if the seal under the foliage mesh needs replacing

my issue was the scuttle thing above was twisted & letting water directly into the top of the foliage mesh

does your sunroof work? (sorry I couldn't recall) if it does then clearing the drains is easy with an air line. just open on full slide & then blow out the small tube in each corner. then pour a touch of water down each & watch to see if it comes out behind the wings/rear quarters

Well, had a good look this morning around the scuttle area. The cover that goes over the blower box wasn't fitted under the seal on the ridge bit at all! After a bit of tricky working I got things back as they should and I'm guessing water must have been running straight into that blower box? I may have cracked a bit of the cover trying to get the rusted clips off, so might need to replace later. The crack is on the left hand side and should be ok till I get another one sourced. So, with all that said and done, the fact that it's not coolant been coming into the cockpit and that my hot air isn't working, does that imply that someone has previously bypassed the matrix or may there be another reason why I have no hot air?

Thanks and hope all that made sense! Oh and as far as the sunroof working goes - I haven't tried it yet. Will wait a bit just in case something is amiss. Don't fancy the winter here and having to fuss with that!

in regards to your hot air , look in the engine bay towards the center at the back , you should see two coolant hoses side by side or under/ over about 2 inchs apart that go directly into the heater matrix,there easy to find as no other hoses like that go into the car , if its been by passed then you will see a tube or something {22mm copper pipe?} joining them together to create a bypass right there in the engine bay , if there not by passed then its got some thing to do with the lever that switchs from hot to cold.

in regards to your hot air , look in the engine bay towards the center at the back , you should see two coolant hoses side by side or under/ over about 2 inchs apart that go directly into the heater matrix,there easy to find as no other hoses like that go into the car , if its been by passed then you will see a tube or something {22mm copper pipe?} joining them together to create a bypass right there in the engine bay , if there not by passed then its got some thing to do with the lever that switchs from hot to cold.

for the OP - here is a picture of the bypass that was in place on my valver

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Had a look and both pipes go through the bulkhead. So, must mean there is something up with the heater controls? That might not be so bad then...