Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

need some advice on a mfa???

hi everyone

ive just been to see a vr6 that has 91k on the clock its got everything i want!!!!!! the car looks great. and has all the records and receipts to support the car!

however ive heard if the mfa is not working right then it should be avoided! ive never seen what the symtons are until today.....

when the button is pressed it flips through all the functions as it should however the display is not showing the correct numbers or part of the numbers are missing as the pixels are not making contact or not working!!! he claimed it was becase the car was hot and they work fine when cold!!! im unsure if this is either me over reacting or if the car is well dodgy and shoudl be avoided!!!

i love the car but the little voices tell me to leave well alone because of buying guides ive read on here!!!

Scott

Faulty MFA normally means its been clocked..

Does it have a full history or other documents (old MOT's, service receipts, etc) that support its mileage? Provided that paperwork is there and accurate then i'd consider the car.. if that kinda stuff is missing then i'd stay well clear of it.

well the figures are all displayed when pushed but parts of the numbers are missing.

it has full Service history with autotek and VW and a binder full of receipts including a AA check in 200 when he bought it! All Mot's are there and present including all tax discs!!! it has all the paper work but im still worried about it!

Scott

I wouldn't worry about that too much if all the paperwork is there! Maybe just look into getting a 2nd hand pair of Corrado clocks if you buy the car, and then getting those clocks reprogrammed to show the correct mileage?

OK JIM ive got till tomorrow to think about it! he's had the tracking sorted out because it was off! but the car just didnt feel right to me. i loved it but something just didnt feel right about it for some reason! ive driven a few different raddos but this one felt off and hard work even though it has the amd throttle bodies and chip! it felt nothing like kevhaywires for instance!!

kevs was very refined and smooth even going round roundabouts at 70mph!!! :D

Scott

if it felt hard to drive ie throttle pedal felt a chore......then its more than likely just needing a new throttle cable.........when they're knackered its a real chore to drive :wink:

OK JIM ive got till tomorrow to think about it! he's had the tracking sorted out because it was off! but the car just didnt feel right to me. i loved it but something just didnt feel right about it for some reason! ive driven a few different raddos but this one felt off and hard work even though it has the amd throttle bodies and chip! it felt nothing like kevhaywires for instance!!

Scott

Hm.. well just think a bit more about it. If there is any doubt walk away.. plenty more Corrado's out there! :)

it wasnt the pedal it just gave me a feeling that something wasnt right!!! you might think im weird but soemthing didnt feel right!! it might of been the short shift gear change im not sure!!!

i think ill keep looking ive had a few cars and i know when the right one comes along! you get that feeling that you should buy it!! this was everything i wanted but something wasnt right...... :x

Scott

I doubt few Corrados drive like Kev's one. You have been spoiled if you have driven that one first unfortauntly.

marcel

kevs wasnt the first one ive driven... i driven both standard and modified (kevs) and both of then were great cars unfortunately this one today was very different!!!

Scott

marcel

kevs wasnt the first one ive driven... i driven both standard and modified (kevs) and both of then were great cars unfortunately this one today was very different!!!

Scott

Well, i think by that answer, you have made your mind up on it,

Walk Away

just to add on this one about the MFA....

Dodgy digits on the LCD just means a bad contact onto the circuitboard from the screen... usually easy to cure by simply removing it, cleaning up the contacts and screwing it back on again... This can be caused by someone not using the correct bulb when one blows which is too high wattage which overheats the plastic frame the LSD sits in and loosens the contact onto the circuit board...

The chip which has the milage on it is actually nowhere near the LSD screen, so the faults if clocked are software, not hardware like this one... Clocked MFA displays normally either don't work properly (IE, don't cycle through the settings) show strange results or reset at random times...

Hope this clears this up a little... 8)

The chip which has the milage on it is actually nowhere near the LSD screen,

Dude what were you on ... :lol:

G60Dan, yeah, I did actually think of doing a Haynes style book for a Corrado G60 seeing as I've pretty much replaced the whole sodding car now! :roll: :lol: 8)

Eug, :lol: freudian slip? ;) :lol: