Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Rebuild - Port or pully?

Im getting my charger rebuilt soon (very soon) and asuming that it hasnt already been ported, (unknown by previous owner and no rebuild paperwork) I cant decide whether to go for a stage 4 rebuild, or just go standard rebuild and get a new small pulley and belt. (cant afford port and pulley at same time, its gotta be one or other)

I know people are going to say "get it ported while its off the car" but a pulley will give more power by itself, and i can progressivly build up power with other mods over the next 6 or so months, and get a port done then.

What you rekon?

If you are going to get it ported you may as well get that done before the pulley whil the chargers apart. You can then simply add the smaller pulley at a later date.. Means you only take the charger apart once so will be cheaper as well..

Decided to go for standard port as charger was in really good nick anyway and i needed a couple of new bits as well. I'll go for progressive increases, so pully and chip are next on list, maybe next month. I'll prolly get em from PSD, seeing as they did a top job on the rebuild. :wink:

g60racing, yeah there is a load more low end torque, and it all feels a lot smoother. I aint gone above 4k revs properly yet but from when we took it out for a quick test, really pulled after 3k revs all the way past 5k.

GazzaG60, bit l8 now, but considering that without porting im getting almost as much boost as some other chargers that have been ported, my charger is ok without a port for now.