Infamousaircooled

Coolant issues

Hello everyone, so I installed a new radiator and thermostat in my son's 92 G60 this week. We have been trying to get the antifreeze to level out in the system but it doesn't seem like it is pulling all the fluid in. We have a gallon of antifreeze in the car but can't add water because the level in the over flow bottle won't go down anymore. Large air pocket? Is there a trick to pre-filled the system?

Thanks!

Leave cap off, run engine, turn on fans to full heat and blowing. Run engine till hot and be sure bottom rad hose gets hot, when it gets hot you know your stat has opened. this should bleed up the system

the trick is to put your hand around the rad hose's and other hoses if you can and repeatedly squeeze them , so your kinda manually hand pumping the air out, it should force any air out and displace that with water, {so long as theres water there to come on in}

everyone has there ways and if it works it works , for me I fill it as much as it takes then squeeze the hoses at which point you can fill up more , rinse and repeat until the level doesn't move anymore then start it up and let the pump circulate and clear more air out and once again check level..

So we got the coolant system bled and now the overflow bottle is leaking, which the new one arrived the other day no big deal to change. But now the car still over heats because the fan never comes on, it came on before just fine. I can jump the fan to the battery and both speeds work but it will not come on automatically. Temp sensor, or something else like a relay or part of the ecu? Unfortunately the wiring is a mess on this car, can't wait to clean the engine bay up. Any help with the fan would be greatly appreciated.

So we got the coolant system bled and now the overflow bottle is leaking, which the new one arrived the other day no big deal to change. But now the car still over heats because the fan never comes on, it came on before just fine. I can jump the fan to the battery and both speeds work but it will not come on automatically. Temp sensor, or something else like a relay or part of the ecu? Unfortunately the wiring is a mess on this car, can't wait to clean the engine bay up. Any help with the fan would be greatly appreciated.

Does the fan work if you bridge the pins on the radiator fan switch connector, at the bottom of the radiator? If it does come on, that will basically highlight that temperature sensor in the radiator as being at fault.

I have not tried that yet, I will tonight. How often does the control module go out?

In my experience, not that often - I've never had to replace one and I've owned a few Corrado's!

Also the spade terminals on the fan move in and out, so when I try to plug it in they push into the fan motor. Is this normal?

No mate