Sign in to follow this  
woody

RS Bumper Questions

Thinking about getting and rs2 intercooler fitted to front of my C and changing the bumper for a RS type of bumper. What do these bumpers come with :-

1 Any berackets for fitting of the indicators and fog lights???

2 Ironwork to secure the bumper to the car???

3 Will I have to buy late style lights or will the early ones fit???

The Reiger ABS one comes with 2 long double sided foam pads (I have no idea what they're for, they're about 1" square and 2 foot long :? ) a load of screws, rivets and a tube of sikaflex... oh, and a pink booklet which are instructions in German... :roll: It also came with enough mesh to fill the 3 front holes, although I have yet to fit this 'cos I decided I'd do it AFTER getting it painted... ;)

The way that you fit the indicators and fogs is identical to the original... you simply slide off the original captive self tapping screw threads and put 'em onto your new bumper... 8) I do have later lights though, but I'm pretty sure that the earlier ones would fit in exactly the same way as standard... :D

I've got mine secured with 4 rivets behind each fog/indicator cluster straight into the original ironwork and then 3 screws in each wheel arch... it's secure enough that when I first put it on the rolling road to get the car set up, it took the weight of the whole front of the car 'cos it grounded out with no problems at all! :crazyeyes: :lol: 8)

If I decide to keep it on the car, I'll use the sikaflex to seal along the back of the ironwork onto the plastic bumper once the plastic's been painted to ensure it doesn't get pulled off by accident... 8)

Took me about 30 mins to fit it properly with it all lined up nicely... 8) :D

Oh, and it also doesn't crack like fibreglass ones do when you ground it, or nudge curbs when parking... ;) :oops:

Henny worked out what that strip is for

Ur meant to place it onto of the original Iron bar to support/hold the front bunper up close to the bottom of the slam panel line

Hard to explain but I can take some pices when I get home to show u what im talking about :D

p.s Woody I agree with everything Henny mentions considering Ive had the two types i will never touch and fiber crap again

Ur meant to place it onto of the original Iron bar to support/hold the front bunper up close to the bottom of the slam panel line

I think you'r right there, look in henny's sig, the bumper appears to be sagging a bit and leaving a gap under the front panel.

yeah i have the same prob

going to sort it out once i remove the bumper to fit the oil cooler and intercooler properly :)

it doesn't sag, :p the slam panel is bent where some cow in a 4x4 reversed into me and then buggered off without stopping leaving me with a £500+ repair bill.... :mad: my new slam panel is sat in my garage awaiting spraying and re-fitting... 8)