suisideg60

Quick help please!!! >:-(

I've just replaced all three sensors/senders in the thermostat housing (yellow 4 pin, blue 2 pin, black 2 pin) on my VR6 and as soon as I turn the ignition both fans come on at full (I think!) speed!! I unplugged the connector on the new black sensor and the fans went off. I plugged it in to the old (just loose on the side) black sensor and they stay off. "Ah! Faulty new sensor" I thought and plumbed the old one back in. Turn ignition on and WHOOOSH! Fans are on full speed again?!?! Am I supposed to do something else?? There could be a little coolant on the plug (as it went everywhere as my sausage fingers fumbled the connector in) so I've sprayed butt with electrical contact cleaner and am leaving to dry but thought I'd check with you guys if there's something else??

Ps. I just changed it while I was changing the blue and yellow as they looked old and crap. There wasn't an issue (I don't think) with them before. The fans certainly didn't come on all the time the ignition was on.

Cheers,

Jon

How?! I'm fresh out of vino and I'm at a loose end! Na, tbh this job's coming up so it could be useful and perhaps for others too.

Faulty new switch/sensor/sender (black 2 pin on mine) deffo then must've splashed coolant in the plug whilst performing the old switcharoo putting the original one back in!

Ah scheisse. Maybe a dose of hairdryer/airing cupboard will suss it mate, easy just to plug it in dry in a couple of days to test hey. Cheers for the heads up though - think I'll go down the full flush, drain, t'stat, sender route. HNY bud.