Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

New owner questions

Guys,

Just bought myself a 1.8 H-reg Corrado - 87k on the clock - not good body work - but decent engine - paid £900 - got some questions if you dont mind!

1. Tyre Pressues

What do you guys recommend for tyre pressues for the front and back of the car? I've not checked the owners manual yet - but i remember on my golf that often you find a setup that is better than the recommended.

2. Brakes

What do the 1.8 16V owners think of the brakes? It might be that my brakes are worn but to me they didnt feel that great - have you guys fitted upratted brakes on the car?

That is it for now - although i am sure there will be more soon....

.. now i finally got a C might have to change this user name of mine... :)

1 - Generally I just go with the pressures listed on the little plate on the B pillar / door frame on the drivers side.. usually seem ok to me :)

2 - Brakes are pretty good on the Corrado - a lot of owners who enjoy faster driving or do track days fit Brembo conversions, but generally a good set of new brake discs & pads (Pagid, Tarox, or even fresh OE ones!) and a brake fluid flush brings the quality back quite quickly.

1) if you're on standard 15" wheels with standard size (185) tyres, go with the standard pressures as on the B pillar, if you have different sized wheels, it depends on what size wheel and tyre you're using...

2) 1.8 16V Corrado brakes are "reasonable"... cheapest actual upgrade is to stick on a set of G60 calipers, carriers and disks... Personally, I'd start playing with things like DOT5.1 Brake fluid, Goodridge braided flexy hoses, drilled/grooved disks and uprated pads... 8)