Grrrrallye

Lighting issues

Its been some time since I have spent any time with the C so I did a bit over xmas and had it on charge and went to do a bit this evening and have come up with the following issues with the rear lights and wondering if anyone has had similar or can advise:

1) I have crystal InPro rears that have different lamp holders that run different lamps does anyone have these and have any idea what type I need? They are the ones with the offset pins on the bayonet .

2) with the ignition on, but not running, the inner tail lights (on the boot lid) don't work but the fogs and the number plate lights do, I assume these are all connected within the tailgate and operate without the need for the outer sets to be functioning?

3) the plate lights go off and on when opening and closing the boot! I have checked the flex sections where the boot joins the body as well as all the connections i can get to inside the tailgate but cant find anything lose.

4) Does anyone have a pin out drawing for the connectors inside the boot that go to the light clusters? The InPro lights just use spade fittings that push into the factory connector so I need to know what is what if any one can advise that would be a huge help

Thanks

the wiring to the number plate holders can corrode quite badly but it sounds more like you have breaks in the wires where they enter the top of the tailgate, I'd get a multimeter and start checking continuity, sewing pin stuck through the cable sheathing etc...

The plate lights are new and the cabling for that is also new so should not be that.

I do think it is probably a broken cable, i was just rather hoping it would not be.

I will also need to check all the fuses whilst im at it