Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Porsche Rims - 7's or 8's?

Just got myself a set of Design 90's which are 7" upfront and 8" at the back 8)

I could also easily obtain another pair of 8's to put on on the front, what do you guys recommend, would I be better sticking with 7" at the front?

With H&R spacers they'll be on a lowish offset of about 27mm aswell, will I ruin the steering feel/handling with 8" up front?

I used to have 7.5" rims on a ET33 offset on my mk2 with no handling problems, but will I get bump steer with 8's? :?

Cheers

Andy T,

Na i've got 8" on my C and its fine handles a treat on 205-35-16 and you still get the stretch look too..

And let me know if you decide to sell on the BBS RX's too ;)

Cheers Guys.

I've just noticed today that one of the front wheels is a 6" rim, and the other is a 7" !! :oops: wish i'd checked them properly before I handed over the cash, i just looked at the tyre sizes and saw an 8" rim & a 7"..... :(

I will probably try and trade in the 6" & 7" for 8's at a place local to me that has lots of odd sized porker rims...... or just get another 7" rim.... :?:

don't suppose you want an odd sized pair g-man??

Yup I'll be selling the BBS RXII's regretfully, I need to raise some cash hence why I bought some tatty old wheels as a project.... The RXII's are still as mint as the day I bought them

8)

Cheers.

Doing a swap with the seller so i'll have a pair of 8's and a pair of 7's (one of which already refrubed 8) )

Think i'm gonna stick with 7's upfront for cheapness, a pair of tatty 8's will cost me £140 at my local breakers!