Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

need more help from you guys. please read and help me out!

sorry for the length of this, but please read it.

ok, so here is the deal... my G-Ladder blew just over a year ago. so i decided to swap in a n/a 2.0L 16v rather than rebuilding the charger (because of my lack of funding). with all of the goodies i put onto the new engine, i would be getting more bhp from that n/a engine than what i was getting from the g60.

so after much time my car is actually running. but there is a problem. the car is not holding an idle because it is flooding. after 10-15 seconds of idling. the car will rev perfect until it starts to flood. i took the advice of the guys at SNS and got their n/a 2.0L 16v chip and a 3.5 bar fpr so i can use the stock g60 injectors. so basicly what i have is a n/a 2.0L 16v running on the digi 1 from the g60. do you guys have any idea what could be making the car flood? the shop where the car is cannot figure it out. i just need my car running right. i just want to be able to drive my car again. please help me.

Have you checked the airflow meter on top of your air box. Cos some times foreign objects can get stuck in the flap which sends a signal to the ecu to over fuel. I might be wrong but is worth checking i have come accross this before on 16 v lumps. :? with flooding faults.

woah, i forgot i made this thread. it took a while for a response. um, here check out the current state here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1457712

it has progressed a bit. the more current state is near the bottom. but it might be worth checking everything out to give you a better idea on what is going on.

please let me know what you guys think.