seanrodford

Bloody clutch....

A few weeks back my pedal stared getting closer to the carpet on the way home from work until I had nothing... Bled it it was fine for 2 days then the same again..... Eventually found a master cylinder new had to shorten it as it was ment for a Mk3 now it's feeling alot better but......

On the pedal box there's a stop for the clutch mine has been bent so my question is should it be set to touch at the masters max stroke or just before?

It still sometimes doesent come right back up and need a couple pumps to get it working decent... Have ordered a new slave to put on the weekend just incase it's that.... Any ideas....

when my pedal done this it was the hose between the reservoir and clutch master.

it had perished and was letting air in to the system. its worth checking anyway

if the clutch slave is leaking you would see fluid coming out of the inspection cover on the gearbox ( well mine did anyway)

are you loosing fluid?

Not loosing fluid it you gently touch the pedal down without depressing it hard it will creep to the floor then if you lift it its fine again but still will creep if pressed slow.....