Rado87

Oil pressure switch(es)

So, after running the vr for the first time since a rebuild its time to iron out a few niggles! Coolant leak sorted, fuel leak sorted now the oil pressure switch on topic the filter housing is leaking!! Ordered two new ones, my question is, why is there two and does it matter which way round they go!!? I've got a yellow lead and a black one/dark blue? Any advice gratefully received!!

yea it matters .they both do different pressures/things, you know when you switch your ign on but your engine hasn't started your see the oil pressure light flash, this is because of one of the sensors telling you theres no oil pressure, {which is why it goes away when your engine Is started} the other sensor trips an alarm and also flashs if the engine speed/revs are around 2k and pressure drops below a certain amount,

Thanks for that. Hopefully it's obvious which one goes where! I'm hoping there's a pressure stamped on them!

yea the pressure and part numbers are on there, im holding the one that comes on as you switch the ign on in my hand right now as it happens :) , its 0.15- 0.35 bar , 02891901H , the other sender is something like 1.5 bar its higher then this...

Spot on. The yellow wire is on the left which I believe is HP. I noticed yesterday that the oil light doesn't come on at all, not even when you put on the ignition!

Just out of interest, anyone had there oil light not work at all? New switches hopefully here tomorrow so should cure it. Just wondered what the chances are that the bulb has blown behind the dash?

Thanks for that mate. Pretty sure I've got an old 24 kicking around I could cut down. I haven't put the slam panel back on yet so hopefully be a simple job.