Wompa

200cell Cat-Converter VR6

Hi!

Anyone running a 200cells on their VR6?

What are youre expereience and thoughts?

Im replacing my O2 sensor but its almost welded to the cat and Im going to break something soon...

And by that I thought of a 200cell cat... but my fear is that it will not pass MOT.

But what about sound? Will it make the car sound better?

Hi!

Anyone running a 200cells on their VR6?

What are youre expereience and thoughts?

Im replacing my O2 sensor but its almost welded to the cat and Im going to break something soon...

And by that I thought of a 200cell cat... but my fear is that it will not pass MOT.

But what about sound? Will it make the car sound better?

hi Wompa

I don't believe the hi flow CAT, ie 200 cell, would have any impact on sound. all it will do is allow the gasses to pass through the CAT faster & as such reduce the restriction compared to a normal CAT

however, IIRC the standard VR exhaust setup has a very slight step down in diameter after the CAT. again, IIRC, the downpipe is 2.5" which then reduces to 2" after the CAT. as such there would be very little performance gain from just changing to a hi flow CAT

I think this is right as I recall Longlife saying the would match up the new exhaust diameter to that of the downpipe so as to aid flow of gasses

I have a hi flow CAT on my VR which was fitted by Longlife when they custom fabricated my SS exhaust

FYI I got my Longlife system for 400 notes all in, fitted & with hi flow CAT & it is freaking awesome!!! :D

Just fit a decat pipe, I've had one on for 3 years and it's sailed through emissions test on MOT first 2 years well under, and squeezed through last year but that was on old engine with a couple of worn valves, now got new engine in it.

If engine's in good condition should pass no problem.

Was bit of debate about this while back, someone posted up MOT regs. and my reading is all Corrado's (given age) only need to pass the emissions, the test is labelled CAT Emissions, but whether got CAT on or not is immaterial, and good nick engine should sail through.

That's how my MOT place reads it anyway, if yours does'nt find a friendlier MOT place.

Just taking CAT off in itself might not be improvement but with CAT removed get it remapped, and ideally a decent induction kit, and is noticeable improvement.