G5vws

Fuel leak woes

So I've just finished replacing all the glass in the car,

I've only had it back on the road 2 days and I've got a monumental fuel leak coming from the external fuel pump/ black box thing.

I've taken the whole thing off the car and taken the pump out the black box and there is a lagre green o ring in there. I thought great I'll just replace it and all will be well. This is where I hit a problem, apparently it is obsolete??

Please please help, is there any alternative? Can I use an inline pump? Is there a sealant i can use to seal it up? Its a 9a 16v

Sorry for the long winded post

Can you not measure the o-ring size with a vernier calliper or something. Then have a look on eBay or the net.

What's the part number?

It's all good. I've ordered a new pump, it comes with a new o ring. The o ring part number is N90223802, funny how i can get the pump with new o ring but not it itself.

Right it's not all good.

The new pump arrived with the new o ring. Put it in the surge tank and guess what? Yep thats right still leaking.

My next thought now is to buy a 044 external pump and feed it directly from the lift pump in the tank.

My question is do I need to get a seperate surge tank or will the lift pump feed the in line pump ok? and just put the fuel return straight back to the tank.