ExR32

Unconnected Wire from Battery

Hi All,

I seem to have a wire which isnt connected to anything which comes off the Negative Terminal. Please see picture.

My car does constantly suffer from a flat battery so wondered if this is anything to do with it, earth point or something.

Any help much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83387[/ATTACH]

fyi im not n electrical expert, I don't think that wire has anything to do with your battery drain as you need the circuit to be complete for it to be drawing current and the fact its not connected/complete means it wouldn't be draining , iv recently learnt how to check for battery drains tho and its pretty easy to do, you need multi meter which you can get for as little as £10.00 theres not much to it, just youtube or google "how to check for battery drain" If your interested in diy, with that wire does it look like its been cut/snipped or broke off? pull the battery out and have a good look at the other earths , you might be able to see where it come from..

p.s the wire length will be a good indication of where it broke off/came from,

{i.e its 10 inchs long = 10inchs from battery, allowing bends,routing etc }

also with a multimeter you can check to see if your alternators charging the battery properly...

Edited by VW_OwneR_85