DahNade

Headlight problems on vr6

Hey guys! I'm new here and I just bought a 94 corrado vr6! But now only 1 headlight and 1 foglight actually work... Also my parking lights aren't working as well. As with my blinkers. The blinkers were working when I bought the car but now they just stopped working. The hazards work just fine I just don't really understand what could be wrong. If anyone could help that would be great!

Welcome to the forum!

First off I'd be checking bulbs and fuses and also take a look at the wiring / plugs etc.

Lots of stuff not working may indicate an earth fault (brown wires)

You need to check to see if the bulbs are getting power with a volt meter/light. I'm guessing you've checked the fuses and they're all okay? If it is the whole unit on one side (indicator / sidelight / headlamp) then that would point towards either a power supply problem, or an earthing problem. If it was both, then I'd say switch, but if it's one side that rules that out.

Well I got in my car today and used the blinkers because I am so used to doing it and they just started randomly working. And for the headlights I think it is just the bulb because when I first start it they are both on but after like 5 minutes one just slowly fades to just not working.