Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Which Boost Gauge?

dubster: the one i have shows me the same reading as my previous one, seems to be fine. However most of these mechanical boost guages aren't totally accurate anyways.

Dubcharged, No offence mate, but i have one and its pretty crap. Could just be mine but i dont think so. I had it fitted and rollin roaded and the gauge aint readin out a true figure. The oil pressure gauge i had also, had pretty cheap connections and i lost half my oil!!!!

Ill be gettin some autometer ones instead, wont suit the C as much as the splitfires tho, but apparently they are the Dogs b*****cks! :wink:

which boost gauge are you using?at i will stay far away fom that :) ,iv seen some multi colour boost gauges on speeding webside and in a shop around my house,they seem pretty cool as you have a choice of 7 diferent light colours,should look nice at night look here

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/gauges_coloured.JPG

Hi Barry I think I'll go for the single. Must admit I like the carbon fire look (reminds me of my old bike). Do you have the center console as well?

Cheers

Thats a nice little box of tricks.

Now if I had one of thoes I would really struggle to keep my eyes on the road.

:lol:

You don`t need to watch it whilst you`re driving, it saves all the info to check after.

A freind of mine has just ordered the AP22 with data logging, so you can upload all the info to your pc and get graphs etc. 8) 8)

Ah think I would put mine in the glove box then so as I wouldnt be tempted lol

Would it fit where the ashtray is?

I actually posted up here about a custom gauge pod, actually expected you to answer to it! Since though, i have actually noticed something. The gauge pods i've seen this guy make, and they are really good were all plastic/vinyl. Unfortunatly, the C seems to have a thin skin of soft vinyl unlike a SEAT, Ford or Punto, so dont know if it would be possible. A Guy named Gus did e-mail me, we were interested and needed another 3 people, i asked him to find out about this issue and he just never got back to me.... :scratch:

Hi Brian,

Did you get a chance to email this guy about the A pillar pod? I would be in. I never seen your post been on and off the forum for a while lately. If you want I can email him and see what the story is. I'm pretty sure we could get five orders. Would be cheaper than getting the console one of Ebay by the looks of things.

Hi Tony,

Sorry mate, been a bit to busy lately to get round to e-mailing him. Heres a couple of pictures of his work, I would be interested if he can do the OE quality, another thing to note is, Has every one got the same colour of a-pillar?

I would probably be up for using my a-pillar as a guinnae pig unless someone is quite close to where he is based.

Another point of interest for some would be that i just found this site http://www.supremepowerparts.com and they're a-pillar pods look completely standard and the DOGZ really.

only prob though, they're americans! and the dont have a C listed :cry:.

Ill leave these photos tho and web address and e-mail address. I am interested, Ill e-mail that guy guss again, thatll be 2, then Tony - 3 then well need just 2 more, but again it all depends on wether he can do it.

http://www.nomadracing.co.uk/

mailto:[email protected]

Regards

They do look very sweet. Better than I would have expected.

Let me know what he says.

If it is good we should start another Thread and see if we can drum up some intrest.

Even drop an email to the e-group.

Just e-mailed the Guy Gus i was talking about, He didn't reply to my last mail, so ill just have to see, he said he spoke to the guy from Nomad so we'll just have to see what happens.

By the way, i suppose i should ask, but how much is everyone prepared to pay? Cause i dont think its that cheap! Though, you've seen the quality he works at, everyone that's had them fitted says that they look like they've always been there!

No offence meant to bazgreener, But im sure everyone can see the major difference in how this is set about.

Rgds

Hi Brian thanks for that. :salute:

I'm not expecting this to be cheap. And it is a custom part for the car. But will look the bo**ocks. So based on the fiesta one being 40 nicker I would guess between 50 and 100. I think anything over a ton and that may be pushing it.

But its like all parts I reckon the manufacturer has a random price generator as some parts are clearly not worth it.

If he is willing to do it the next question should be at what increments will the price drop i.e. 5 orders 100 pounds, 10 orders 90 and so on.

I'm sure if the gauge pods on eBay continue to go for plus 35 quid people may be tempted to go for something like this.

I'm down in Derby next week so may go bang on the blokes door see what he has to say if email doesn't work :lol:

I have to agree they do look sweet, may be interested in them when you get a price. To be fair mine looks better in the car than it does in the pics I sent, but not as nice as those others :?

I'm down in Derby next week so may go bang on the blokes door see what he has to say if email doesn't work

That may be a bloody good idea, at least then he can see what we're talkin about! The Guy Guss hasn't replied to me yet, even though i have seen him post on Yahoo Lately :? Think i might put up a post on yahoo lookin for him.

OK I bought one of these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... D%2DM9017G

Only problem is it would appear not to show the vac readings. An after thought but I still don’t know what this would indicate in terms of problems. Wanted something slightly different. They let you know your max reading on a blip (stores the info) so this may save me staring at the thing when I'm driving hard bonus!!! :D

Now I asked the guy to let me know everything I need so I bought a boost sender unit and thought I would get the T piece and the relevant hose to connect to it. Not the case. Not impressed everything I seem to buy mail order gets screwed up. Suppose I should ask more questions :mad:

I've not really looked into these fitting kits as they can’t be that hard to source. So if anyone knows if you could let me know that would be great.

I would like to know how to fit this. I.e. where is the hose that gives the ecu the reading is there a best place to cut this and add the hose. Also where have you mounted the sender unit? Engine bay? Inside the car?.... Pics would be handy :)

Fitting instructions would be great if anyone has them from there kit.

Does anyone knows where to get a plain black panel to house the gauge. I already have the console one so thinking about maybe locating somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Brian I think I'm going to try to mount else where as it seem that the group buy isn't going to well. Maybe when everyone buys there gauges it will be a good time to run this.

Tony,

don`t cut into the hose that goes to the ECU, I think most ppl either take it from he vac hose that goes to the mfa or come off the inlet manifold somewhere.

Baz

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 7:49 PM

Subject: Corrado A-pillar Pods

> Hi,

>

> After seeing some of the a-pillar gauge pods you make, a few of us guys

from

> http://www.corrado-forum.net were quite interested in a similar pods for our

> Corrado G60's. However, after noticing that your work (i've only seen the

> Seats and Punto's really) seems to be replacing the plastic a-pillar, i

was

> wondering if you could actually manage a version for a Corrado? The point

> being that i noticed that the a-pilaar there seems to be trimmed in a thin

> vinyl, rather than being a grained plastic.

>

> Any information would be greatly appreciated on this and perhaps how much

> they may cost.

>

> I believe you require a minimum order of 5? I dont think it'll be a

problem

> but i'll really need a bit more info before i go full on and arrange any

> kind of group buy.

>

> Many thanks,

>

> Brian Walker

hi brian

maybe if you can get a local guy from nottingham to come round with

his corrado we could see if we can do it , we cant promise anything because

it doesnt have a trim as such to copy in the first place.

cheers

martyn

nomad racing

C'mon, whos available to go round????

Im WAY too far away to start off with! Or i would in a shot!

Anyone?

Cheers