Too Tall

Wiring harness?

My current wiring harness is starting to show it's age, wires are ststarting to corrode, and some are exposed. Is the harness off a Passat or golf compatible with the Corrado? I want to replace all the wires, radiator fan plug, engine grounding, ect. I want to wrap all of them and clean up my engine bay.

Well then you're in luck - the engine bay wiring harness is available for the VR6 from VW Classic Parts for a very reasonable price - in the region of 100 quid.

Ignore the image as it's a stock picture but:

http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/leitungssatz-853c8c.html

you have to love the way the classic parts page sends you to a log in page when you click on a copied link!

most annoying when trying to help others out on here as we find the part on heritage for them, copy the link, post it on here but then when you click the copied link grrrrr fecking log in page

I will find it on the site though as it sounds interesting

Weird - it takes me right to the page when I click the link... I don't have an account or anything on Classic Parts either.

Thank you for the link, I'm a first time owner and I'm trying to restore it as close to original as possible. I'm trying to find as many reliable sources as I can.

If your going for a cable tuck have you thought about going for a standalone system? Few extra quid but you can then have every cable cut to the perfect length without any nasty joins and possibly problems. Also you could easily squeeze a few extra ponies out as well!!

I have never herd of a stand alone, but now you have my interest. Where do I get one? I'm always willing to pay more for quality and reliability, grandad always said you get what you pay for.

If you want to go as original as possible, then a standalone engine management system probably isn't what you're looking for!

I agree Tim, it's not keeping it original as such but there is a lot of potential with a standalone system. Have a look at emerald systems to get an idea in what it involves