FrankyEight

Fitting Front Fog Lamp

Hi guys,

Can anyone offer some advice or point me to a tutorial (fingers crossed) for fitting a driver's side fog lamp? Not just the lense, but I have the black casing surround with the fog lamp reflector, lamp and lense intact.

Thanks!

What are you trying to do mate? Doesn't make sense.

You want to glue a good lense onto a foglamp housing or refit a foglamp into the bumper??

It is if the screws are not rusty... Change with stainless steel.

Screws are rusty and ain't movin'. Great... Why did I sell my 1.8T GTi for this?...

Any ideas on removing stubborn, rusty screws? I've soaked them in WD40 and splashed some Coke over them... I've got one out but the other three arn't going anywhere.

Does this black housing have to come out for me to fit the fog lamp? Is there another way? The replacement fog lamp I have is already in its black surround/housing so I'm gonna have to prize it out of there too...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83729[/ATTACH]

Whats the heads like ? Totally rusted or mashed now ? Are you just trying to use a screwdriver ? Do you have a socket set with a wrench you can get some better purchase and a better fitting bit. Failing that mole grips on a screwdriver.

Edited by delfinis38

Whats the heads like ? Totally rusted or mashed now ? Are you just trying to use a screwdriver ? Do you have a socket set with a wrench you can get some better purchase and a better fitting bit. Failing that mole grips on a screwdriver.

The screws are absolutely knackered. Corroded, rusted and now the tips completely mashed and misshaped. I've had a go at drilling them out but doesn't seem to be doing anything, maybe my technique isn't quite right but I don't normally do this kinda stuff.

Bit bloody stuck here. :scratch::bonk:

All for a bloody fog lamp replacement.

Keep at it with the drill until the head of the screw goes.

The joys of corrado ownership!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Bingo... It's a pain when the heads out of reach...I normally cut a flat in them with a dremal. Then use a big flat blade screwdriver. But I guess these had to be drilled out...

I'm slowly changing all my screws for stainless.