Sign in to follow this  
DORSET_V_DUBSTER

Did Volkswagen produce any Ltd edition Corrado G60's ?

I've been offered a "Wolfsburg Edition" G60, the current owner said that it was a Ltd run of the last production G60's (1992 K-reg) Red with red and black cloth interior.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards

Scotty :D

sounds like one of the most common colours with one of the (if not *the*) most common interior combo. so as far as being limited i'd say its far from it..

i've never heard of a wolfsburg corrado around here.. but i'm in north america. could be that there is one over there.. or could be that he fit wolfsburg badges to try to get a better price (or just to be cheesy).. :?

Hi Scotty,

VW never made a Wolfsburg Edition Corrado.. this is because the Corrado was actually built at the Karmann Coachworks in Osnabruck :) The guy is basically talking out of his backside. The badges are just aftermarket ones which he has sprinkled liberally over the car to make it appear like its a limited edition..

VW *did* make some special edition Corrado's (such as the G60 Jet, one of which is owned by a member on here) - the majority were special edition VR6's such as the Storm and the Campaign.

Wolfsburg G60 is a lie though. Unless the car is very tidy, I would ignore it - if he lies about something like it being a special edition, I dread to think what else is lurking.

i bet its also got the "ltd edition" karmann interior too :wink:

like jims16v has mentioned the only limited editions that you are likely to encounter in RHD form are the campaign(v v very rare 6 made in total)and the storm(250 in storm-only mystic blue/black leather and 250 in classic green/beige leather...10 of each being automatics)....none of these are likely to be had for the £5k mark unless mega-miles or poor condition

be aware of leather'd up vr6's being sold as storms too........storms were only available from April-95 to late summer 96 anything being sold as a storm prior to April-95 IS NOT A storm

Not necessary to ignore it, just ignore the bull-shite the guy's talkin'

P.S. Down to 5 Campaigns, and I've tracked 'em all down now.

Is that Campaign still for sale Jeremy?

.......Jim cracks like a nut

;)

I'd love to be able to buy it mate.

I'm just asking so that I can torture myself some more.

lol :lol:

i'm sure its been mentioned, but what do these 5 campaigns have that the other rado's don't?

i'm sure different interior trimmings.. much else? different paint options?

Well... in short :

They were a special edition, limited edition run of 6 cars given out to select UK dealerships to help promote the Corrado VR6 on its launch in 1992. They come with a special paintjob (Dusty Mauve), a full (and rather garish) red full leather interior, and different alloy wheels.

The point is they were hand trimmed at Karmann Coachworks.. ie they rolled out of the factory like this. So they are pretty darned rare :|

nice! i love full red leather interiors.. like the le mans series raven pearl metallic TTs 8) ..but there's 400 of them.

even if i could find a campaign i'd never buy it.. i'd be afraid to mod it.. or park it anywhere! ..and i really don't need another car i cant drive! :? :p