mmacneill123

Relay 109 part number

Hi folks

Does anyone out there know the part number for the Mototronic Engine Control module relay (position 3 with 109 stamped on the top), seems mission impossible googling this and cannot get to the car to check it atm (supposed to be working!)

Looking at VW heritage they talk about position 109 but it seems to apply to more than one relay, there are then relays for fuel pump/digifant control unit but not the Mototronic so really need to get the right part number!

I replaced the ECU relay and the fuel pump relay last year, went down to Euro car parts and they got the part mumbers, with no bother. Failing that what about TPS?

Thanks Ray, got the fuel pump one no problem as I was bright enough to write that down when I pulled everything out last night - for some reason (probably because I had read position 109 on VW-Heritage) did not think to write it down for the other one :-) My fusebox cover is actually screw-clipped in so it takes a bit of time to get it off! Was trying to order this morning as just cleaning the relays seems to have had a positive effect!

So you got the problem sorted thats good. Amazing what a clean can do even though the contacts may look clean. Hope the problem stays away for you :thumbleft:

Just in case anyone else has as much fun as I did - changing the google search eventually yielded results!!

The fuel pump relay is VW857951253 which translates into Meyle 1009060001 which can be found on VW heritage as 191-906-383/C because 191-906-383 is the Skoda code for the same part...

The ECU/Main power supply is actually 1J0-906-381/A. I think the confusion results on Google because this position in a lot of VWs, Audis etc can also double up as the relay for the fuel pump and some VWs of the 1990s also fed the ECU directly from the fusebox so there is a multitude of conflicting info. Googling on VW relay 109 rather than Corrado Mototronic ECU relay (+ 10 variants I tried!) successfully finds the info!!